'You may be small, but your always in the way', Connie said.
Now a tour leader with a thinner skin than mine might have taken offence and stepped on Connie's 200mm lens or if I was really offended leapt overboard with my parachute (except they didn't supply one.)
For those of you unfamiliar with balloon flight etiquette here are a few tips:
(Bear in mind there is VERY little room on board)
- Restrict fluid intake before flight
- Empty bladder before flight (or bring suitable receptacle)
- Freshen breath - everyone is VERY close
- Choose a section with attractive people
- When you practice landing position refrain from saying 'Oh Boy this feels good!'
- Board your balloon in as dignified a manner as age permits
- Disembark your balloon same way but wear tight fitting clothing
- Refrain from toasting marshmallows on gas flame
- Avoid dropping anything on basket floor as finding it may lead to unavoidable anatomical discoveries.
- Avoid saying 'You are only small but always in the way'
- Try 'Can I use your head as a tripod its just the right height and shape' instead.