Thursday, September 15, 2011

Nike Run

I can't wait for my black and white NIKE running shoes, light,airy, comfortable and long wearing to bring me to the winged stone carving of the Goddess Of NIKE at the ruins of the ancient Greek city of Ephesus, one of the greatest Roman and Greek Archeological sites in the world.
No, this is not an advertisement for the famous sports equipment but a realisation that our Australian connection with Turkey goes beyond our World War I war effort at Gallipoli.
If you watched the Women's US Open Tennis Final you would realise that we now have our very own Goddess of Victory, Samantha Stosur. The tick on her sunshade which she wore throughout the game told us that she truly personified NIKE. Samantha's outstanding effort against Serena Williams in the final left anyone without a doubt that she equalled the Goddess of strength, speed and victory. Who would not agree?
Another thought, the main design of the 2012 Olympic medals will depict NIKE...hopefully Samantha Stosur will be representing Australia in the tennis.

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to update: our very own NIKE lost her nerve at the Australian Open and we are all waiting for her to recover as 2012 progresses.Conniemac By the way I do have a Google Blogspot if only I could figure out how to access it...try it for more photos and a record of my self-publishing journey of my first novel "Baggage".

    ReplyDelete